Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "V. Mark Lehky" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 20:29:21 UTC

Using platform encoding (XYZ actually) to copy filtered resources

Hello.

I am trying to clean up our poms.

I am getting a warning "Using platform encoding (XYZ actually) to copy
filtered resources" from one of our projects.
In the Maven documentation, here
<https://maven.apache.org/general.html#encoding-warning>, it says:
"So eliminating the warning is ... as easy as adding the following
property to your POM (or one of its parent POMs):"

I have
<properties>
  </properties>
in the parent pom, however in the culprit project I am using:
<plugin>
               <version>2.5</version>
               <executions>
                 <execution>
                   <goals>
                     <goal>test-jar</goal>
                   </goals>
                 </execution>
               </executions>
             </plugin>
and this warning is coming from maven-resources-plugin:2.3:resources

Is this a bug? Or am I using it wrong?

Mark.

Re: Using platform encoding (XYZ actually) to copy filtered resources

Posted by "V. Mark Lehky" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Found my problem: The child pom did not have a <parent> entry. :(

Mark L.