Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Sridhar G <Sr...@microland.com> on 2014/10/08 08:55:36 UTC

How to increase supervisor slots in apache storm 0.9.2

Hi All,

We are unable to increase the number of supervisor slots . We tried to
add following lines in storm.yaml file but did not work. Please suggest
us .

supervisor.slots.ports:

    - 6700

    - 6701

    - 6702

    - 6703

    - 6704

    - 6705

    - 6706

Regards,

Sridhar

Believe in the impossible and remove the improbable

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information of Microland Limited, including information protected by privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of Microland Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Although Microland has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, Microland cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. Recipient should check the email and any attachments for the presence of viruses before using them. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Microland.

This email may be monitored.

Re: How to increase supervisor slots in apache storm 0.9.2

Posted by Jan Sipke van der Veen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sridhar,

I think adding that to your storm.yaml should suffice. Have you restarted
the supervisor afterwards? How much memory does your machine have? Each
slot is essentially a new Java virtual machine which takes up memory.

Best regards,
Jan Sipke van der Veen

Posted by Sridhar G <Sr...@microland.com>.
I get following error when do storm rebalance

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Field
supervisor.slots.ports must be an Iterable of java.lang.Number

        at
backtype.storm.ConfigValidation$1.validateField(ConfigValidation.java:63
)

        at
a:57)

        at
Impl.java:43)

        at
clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeMatchingMethod(Reflector.java:93)

        at
clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeInstanceMethod(Reflector.java:28)

        at
backtype.storm.config$validate_configs_with_schemas.invoke(config.clj:11
7)

        at
backtype.storm.config$read_storm_config.invoke(config.clj:122)

        at
backtype.storm.command.rebalance$_main.doInvoke(rebalance.clj:43)

        at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:397)

        at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:159)

        at clojure.lang.RestFn.applyTo(RestFn.java:132)

        at backtype.storm.command.rebalance.main(Unknown Source)

Posted by Yuri Kostin <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sridhar G <Sr...@microland.com>.
Hi All,

Getting following error :