Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org> on 2021/01/12 02:15:08 UTC

[VOTE] Promote org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance to its own Sling Module

Hi,

This is a vote to promote the org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance to
its own Sling Module. This module contains three jobs to kick off
repository maintenance for the JCR repository:

 - Datastore Garbage Collection
 - Blobstore Garbage collection
 - Version Cleanup

The project includes the bundle as well as two Sling OSGi features, one for
just the base needs and one which schedules the jobs at 2:00 AM every day.

1. Code Location: in the ‘sling-whiteboard’ under
'sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-repositorymaintenance` folder
2. Proposed Github Repo name:
- sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-repositorymaintenance
3. Proposed artifact id (group id: org.apache.sling)
- org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance

The idea would be to incorporate these into the starter and CMS as per:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9985

Please cast your votes

  [ ] +1 Approve the promotion
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't promote, because ...

Votes will be open for at least 72h.

-Dan

Re: [VOTE] Promote org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance to its own Sling Module

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
Thanks Robert, I'll remove the versions from the POM.

+1

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 21:15 -0500, Daniel Klco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a vote to promote the
> org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance to
> its own Sling Module. This module contains three jobs to kick off
> repository maintenance for the JCR repository:
>
>  - Datastore Garbage Collection
>  - Blobstore Garbage collection
>  - Version Cleanup
>
> The project includes the bundle as well as two Sling OSGi features,
> one for
> just the base needs and one which schedules the jobs at 2:00 AM every
> day.
>
> 1. Code Location: in the ‘sling-whiteboard’ under
> 'sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-repositorymaintenance` folder

Link for the lazy:
https://github.com/apache/sling-whiteboard/tree/master/org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintainance
.

And a note - you don't need to set the source/target explicitly for the
maven-compiler-plugin, they are inferred from sling.java.version.

> 2. Proposed Github Repo name:
> - sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-repositorymaintenance
> 3. Proposed artifact id (group id: org.apache.sling)
> - org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance
>
> The idea would be to incorporate these into the starter and CMS as
> per:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9985
>
> Please cast your votes

+1

Thanks,
Robert

Re: [VOTE] Promote org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance to its own Sling Module

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
Great, I'll bump it for another 24 hours in case there are any objections,
otherwise I'll be refactoring and cleaning up from my inability to spell.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 3:15:08 AM CET Daniel Klco wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Dan,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 3:15 AM Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...This is a vote to promote the org.apache.sling.jcr.repositorymaintenance to
> its own Sling Module. This module contains three jobs to kick off
> repository maintenance for the JCR repository:..

+1

-Bertrand