Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2006/11/13 18:00:32 UTC

Maven build

Steve,

I'm getting the following error from mvn under cygwin.

command: "mvn"
.
.
.

[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Qpid Broker
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading: https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository//org.apache.mina/poms/mina-java5
-1.0.0.pom
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: org.apache.mina:mina-java5

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.mina:mina-java5' from the
repository: Error transferring f
ile
  org.apache.mina:mina-java5:pom:1.0.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  java.net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

-----

The common bits seem to compile ok but the broker looks like it is
failing to download mina. I'm not to up on maven but hte three urls
don't seem to have the pom file.

I'm using:
maven 2.0.4
java 1.5.0_08

Any thoughts?
--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 13, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I really appreciate your effort So lets all aim to test it first thing
> tomorrow morning and then we can make a decesion about the release.

OK, there's still release-related work to do, but if you "svn up" the
mvn branch, you can do this:

cd branches/mvn
svn up
mvn
cd distribution
mvn

Assuming that all works for you, you'll find gzipped tar files and
such in the distribution/target directory. They still need work in
making sure everything is in there properly, but hopefully what's
currently there is enough to experiment with. I was able to untar the
bin.tar.gz file and get the broker running via the qpid-server
script, for example. If you run into troubles with anything, please
let me know, as I can probably turn fixes around reasonably quickly.

Rajith, note that I haven't picked up your Developing.txt/README.txt
change on this branch yet.

--steve

Re: Maven build

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 13/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
> > Is there a different goal to generate this?
>
> I've been so completely focused on getting the tests working that I
> haven't caught the maven work up on distribution building and such.
> Adding it won't be hard.

How long do you expect it to take?

RG

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
It builds fine for me.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'm not a certain IT security type :-)

John

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
If you run the ant task testreport you only get summary report
information on the test that is running. All output is logged to files
then rendered to a nice html site in build/<module>/test/report/junit

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Tuesday November 14 2006 11:51 am, Robert Greig wrote:
> On 14/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
> > The big white elephant in the room here is that some here seem to
> > want M1 to be a release of the ant-based status quo, while others
> > want M1 to include maven for a variety of reasons, not the least of
> > which is that it we believe it's the right way forward for the Qpid
> > development community, represents how we think releases ought to be
> > done, shows that we're quickly and properly learning Apache
> > guidelines and practices, and avoids doing the same work two or more
> > times, first in ant then in maven.
>
> The funamental point is that whether it is built with ant or maven
> matters not one jot to our users. We would like to get M1 released so
> that we can move on and start focussing on adding functionality for
> M2.
>
> No one is debating whether we should move to maven it is only an issue
> of timing.
>
> RG

Well, define users.....

Two "potential" users, the tuscany and CXF communities, basically require
the proper artifacts be available in the m2 respositories.   The easiest
and best way to do that is to use m2 to put them there.   Thus, to meet
those users, we either spend a bit of effort to "manually" put them
there, hand code poms, etc... or spend a bit of effort to go all out to
maven.

Me:  I'm completely +1 to delaying M1 until it can be produced with maven.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Maven build

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for get something out asap to call M1; which to me means no Maven in M1.
Marnie is right, plus people all over the world are looking to grab some
Qpid goodness right now, but they don't know what to grab :-)

+1 that M2 should have the Maven based build system (we all agree it is good
stuff).

I think Carl's suggestion is a good one, since I would hope bug fix traffic
on an M1 label would be modest, which allows for the necessary carnage to
take place on the trunk to Mavenise Qpid.

We just need to make it very clear where M1 patches post release are going;
there is scope for confusion.

John

Re: Maven build

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Rajith/Carl/Steve,

I'm happy if we can agree to cut M1 now thanks.

I have no strong opinions about M2 in terms of timing or content - assuming
we can reach a sensible idea of when it might be cut-able and see where
we're likely to be at. Since we've done a lot of the legal work etc for M1,
then I'd hope M2 should be straightforward and if Steve is willing to
release manage then that sounds good.

I'd emailed Carl previously about switching on JIRA time tracking to allow
us to add/track work outstanding (estimates) on tasks. This could
potentially be quite useful in terms of doing sensible scoping for the next
releases.

Rajith - let me know if I can help in any way. I'm not in the office until
Thurs but will pick up my mail.

Enjoying the more reflected debate.

Thanks & Regards,
Marnie

Re: Maven build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
Rajith,

Re: Maven build

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Very well put..

Re: Re: Maven build

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

Re: Re: Maven build

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: M2

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Sounds a good way forward - sorry, should've sent my reply to the M1 thread
to this thread :-)

Marnie

M2

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.
I know this is probably not the place, but it looks like more contributions
are being found in the transport proposals for AMQP's next revision.  Its
important that's right, and undoubtedly some prototyping work will have to
be done on some code *branch* to test the concepts.

I'm kind of thinking that any transport changes should be targetted at
whatever release is the start of HA, since the killer features of the
revised transport are better support for HA.  That might be M4.

If I understand Rob, persistence is looking pretty good.
So an M2 for Christmas might be worth just persistence and Maven.
Nailing JMS might be a long piece of string depending on how TCK testing
goes.  I wouldn't bet on that for Christmas.

M1 - something that works
M2 - works with persistence, builds purdy
M3 - JMS'ified, perhaps protocol changes
M4 - HA

Being good first, then being great gets my vote.
HA should be a cut all of its own, and we should have a solid conceptual
foundation before going there.  HA will expose any weaknesses in the
protocol and in Qpid very quickly.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
Carl,

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steven Shaw <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 Ant for M1, Maven for M2

Re: Maven build

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 14/11/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Please can you show your level of comfort including maven (release maven
> branch) or ant build for M1 (1 line answers so that we can
> easily see where the committers are at)

+1 for ant build for M1.
--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: IRC, IM, etc. (was: Re: Maven build)

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.
Some of us can't use that from work.
Network security types have powerful network sniffers, and they do come
calling -- about 5 days to notice last time we tried it for the protocol
working group!

We can, however, use Jabber, AOL and Yahoo IM.... any way of getting Logged
IRC out of that mess?

john

Re: IRC, IM, etc.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Someone has created a qpid channel out at freenode.... there is little
-> no traffic on it.

Carl.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> Please can you show your level of comfort including maven (release
> maven branch) or ant build for M1 (1 line answers so that we can
> easily see where the committers are at)

+1 for maven.

--steve

Re: IRC, IM, etc.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
For some reason my posts are getting dropped or delayed. re-send.

Re: IRC, IM, etc.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

IRC, IM, etc. (was: Re: Maven build)

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> From informal discussion, IRC, IM etc this morning that I want to
> reflect back onto the list  some of the informal comments. From
> these watercooler discussion it is clear to me that we don't have
> anyone with deep maven experience which is creating unease.

A point of order: having these offline discussions is not the way
things are supposed to happen. Reflecting them back to this list does
not make it right. You're having discussions about maven work without
inviting anyone with maven knowledge to the table, and then

Re: Maven build

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Putting M1 together:

Last week I proposed to delay a few days to see if we could bring maven
in, or at least get the test refactor onto to trunk. At this point we
have are beyond the time line set forth in that extend vote thread Friday.

I see we have two options:
1.) extend the time line
2.) Cut the release as using ant as in the vote thread  (the key was to
let Steve get the test refactor to main-line)

 From informal discussion, IRC, IM etc this morning that I want to
reflect back onto the list  some of the informal comments. From these
watercooler discussion it is clear to me that we don't have anyone with
deep maven experience which is creating unease. Hats off to Steve for
the fantastic job he has done, but never less it looks like it might
take a week or more for everyone to get comfortable enough to release M1
with maven. (Not because of the outstanding issues, but knowing that we
have it right)

I would like to get a show of hands on this point, and if I am correct
in my assessment we should create the M1 branch with ant create the RC
and give the team time to get up to speed with maven on mainline for M2
and continue M2 development. Rajith can then create the branch and a
signed RC later today
that we can all test.

Please can you show your level of comfort including maven (release maven
branch) or ant build for M1 (1 line answers so that we can
easily see where the committers are at)

Regards
Carl.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Robert Greig wrote:

> On 14/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
>>
>> Who is making these decisions regarding dates and deadlines, and why
>> are they not being communicated to the Qpid community?
>
> Here is the email Carl Trieloff sent out:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-qpid-dev/
> 200611.mbox/%3c4554C8C1.2070305@redhat.com%3e
>

>> I can't hit deadlines that I don't know about.
>
> And here is your +1 in response:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-qpid-dev/
> 200611.mbox/%3cD52C1802-729B-49A9-9B86-583D58FD064D@iona.com%3e
>
> We have already gone well beyond the original agreed timescale of
> Monday.

"Well beyond?" Give me a break.

I agreed to have the tests refactored and maven building and passing
by Monday. I did that. Last night I agreed to have some sort of
distribution working by midnight or 1am, but I missed that by an
hour, as I committed at 2am. Yes, that distribution has minor issues.
All are easily fixed.

I would think some flexibility would be in order here. It's going to
take several weeks to get an M1 officially out. One more day isn't
going to matter much.

--steve

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-qpid-dev/200611.mbox/%3cD52C1802-729B-49A9-9B86-583D58FD064D@iona.com%3e

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 11:19 AM, Martin Ritchie wrote:

> On 14/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
>> Hi Martin, thanks for the detailed report. I already knew about most
>> of these, but made a decision to finally get some sleep rather than
>> try to fix it all up in the middle of the night. Everything you've
>> listed can and will be fixed relatively easily today.
>
> That would be great but my understanding was that we would branch M1
> this morning so that we could get on with M2 development on the trunk
> and to start the release process. Sorting all the ASF procedures and
> most importantly testing the candidate. I'm a little concerned about
> the precedent we are setting my letting deadlines slip for
> non-functional features.

Who is making these decisions regarding dates and deadlines, and why
are they not being communicated to the Qpid community?

I can't hit deadlines that I don't know about.

I'll respond to the rest of your message in a separate email.

--steve

Re: Maven build

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 14/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin, thanks for the detailed report. I already knew about most
> of these, but made a decision to finally get some sleep rather than
> try to fix it all up in the middle of the night. Everything you've
> listed can and will be fixed relatively easily today.

That would be great but my understanding was that we would branch M1
this morning so that we could get on with M2 development on the trunk
and to start the release process. Sorting all the ASF procedures and
most importantly testing the candidate. I'm a little concerned about
the precedent we are setting my letting deadlines slip for
non-functional features.

> On Nov 14, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Martin Ritchie wrote:
>
> > Qpid-developers,
> > There are still a few issues I've noted with using the mvn branch for
> > M1. Most of the issues are quite small but we need to start testing
> > and working on the rest of the release process without holding up M2
> > development.
> >
> > Build:
> > - Mina jar is downloaded rather than using our existing snapshot.
>
> Yes, and this is a good thing. If it works with a build provided by
> the team, that's much better than us having to grab a particular svn
> revision off the mina svn repository and build it for ourselves.

Our releases should not have to coincide with Mina snapshots. We moved
to 1.1 as 1.0.0 had some outstanding bugs. The api changes that
occurred a few weeks ago have broken our builds against MINA-head but
we should still be able to release with the jars we built.
Incidentally I have the changes that restores compatibility with
MINA-head but I was believed we were on a code freeze prior to M1.

> > Both Distributions
> > - Top level License file doesn't reference or include all other
> > license files.
> > - Disclaimer content is wrong. (currently for CXF)
>
> Yes, I hadn't gotten to the license stuff yet. It's easily included,
> and the disclaimer is easily fixed.
>
> > Source Distribution
> > - AMQP Specification is not included so compilation cannot occur, see
> > mvn output at end of email.
>
> This is partly due to the nature of the branch, as it's only a copy
> of everything from the java level and below. Adding it is, again, easy.
>
> > - Should the source include sufficient files to be able to do a
> > release? or should it just be the project source files for
> > compilation.
>
> I don't know the answer to that.
>
> > Binary Distribution
> > - Windows batch scripts no longer work as the <module>-launcher.jars
> > are not generated.
>
> Rather than generating separate client and broker launcher jars,
> there's one qpid-incubator.jar. The broker/etc/qpid-server.conf file
> reflects the use of that jar, for example, and Windows scripts are
> easily fixed. Perhaps this goes against the desire to allow clients
> to be JDK 1.4, but as I mentioned in earlier emails, the client tests
> use junit4 annotations and thus can't be compiled with 1.4 anyway,
> which means that with maven that whole directory must be built with
> 1.5. The 1.4 thing is a red herring IMO.
>
> Also, I don't think that those launcher jars can be named that way,
> by Apache rules. I believe the term "incubator" or "incubating" has
> to appear in there somewhere.

The launcher jars are purely meta jars and so shouldn't require the
META-INF directory nor the naming convention associated with the build
jars.

> > - META-INF directory in generated jars are missing
> > Disclaimer,License and Notes
>
> Easily fixed.
>
> > - No JavaDoc in the doc folder
>
> How useful is the javadoc? I started to add it but left it out for
> now, since is provides no clear delineation of what is interface and
> what is implementation. Simply javadoc'ing every class in the system
> isn't that useful, IMO.
>
> If you look at Tuscany, CXF, or Yoko, they build an API jar that
> reflects the actual application interface, and generate javadoc from
> that. I believe we should take a similar approach.

In which case we need a JIRA for that but to ship an M1 with no
documentation seems rather poor.

> > - Management module is missing
>
> As is cluster -- I explicitly left them out, in the interest of
> getting something to show in time. Adding them requires 3 more lines
> in the pom and just a few lines in the assembly specifications.
>
> > Other issues
> > - Library naming, how do we do a Release rather than a snapshot?
>
> By changing pom version numbers.
>
> > - Should we include an empty log directory in the binary build?
> >
> > I know Steve has put a LOT of good work into getting maven
> > together. My
> > understanding of the M1 release was so we had baseline to support our
> > current clients.
>
> The big white elephant in the room here is that some here seem to
> want M1 to be a release of the ant-based status quo, while others
> want M1 to include maven for a variety of reasons, not the least of
> which is that it we believe it's the right way forward for the Qpid
> development community, represents how we think releases ought to be
> done, shows that we're quickly and properly learning Apache
> guidelines and practices, and avoids doing the same work two or more
> times, first in ant then in maven.
>
> If an existing client takes a binary release created with maven, to
> the best of my knowledge, the only thing that changes is the name of
> the "launcher" jar, which as I explained above has to be renamed
> anyway. So what else is it about the maven release that you think
> won't support existing clients?

You misunderstand me, I would just like to agree on ANY release as we
need to do testing and verification that the release adheres to ASF
guidelines and it would be good to work on that in parallel with M2
features.

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Maven build

Posted by Bhupendra Bhardwaj <bh...@gmail.com>.
 Hi,

I think we should use ant for M1. M2 is not too far to go with Maven.
+1 for ant build for M1.

Regards,
Bhupendra Bhardwaj

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
> I worked on Sunday to get the initial mvn branch in. I then worked
> again last night to do the distribution stuff, which was a separate
> request.

Then there clearly has been another communication breakdown since that
was not my expectation or that of at least some others.

RG

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 1:12 PM, Robert Greig wrote:

> On 14/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
>
>> > And in the context of your email I read that as implying that maven
>> > was part of that. Maybe that was a misinterpretation but it
>> certainly
>> > read like that to me.
>>
>> Saying that "maven is required" would clearly be provably wrong,
>> wouldn't it? So why would you think that that's what I'm saying?
>
> I have no idea what you believe or don't believe, I can only interpret
> based on what you write.

Precisely. So since you can't show me where I explicitly said that
maven is required, please stop sending these pointless emails.

>> Actually, no. It was mere days of effort. I was traveling for several
>> weeks in the middle of that work, and once I got back into the work,
>> I ran into the issue of the poorly-structured tests. I tried multiple
>> avenues around the test issues and around the junit4 issues, which
>> took a few days, but once I refactored the tests, the new mvn branch
>> took just a few hours on Sunday to put together.
>
> But you stated in an earlier email that you were working until 2am
> yesterday on it? Or am I putting words in your mouth again?

It's unfortunate, Robert, that you can't seem to act as an adult
here. This will therefore be my last email on this, as this thread is
not helping the Qpid community.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:52 PM, Robert Greig wrote:

> On 14/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
>>
>> Don't put words in my mouth, Robert.
>
> I don't think I need to; you seem to have plenty already.

Personal insults are neither helpful nor required here.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Robert Greig wrote:

>> which is that it we believe it's the right way forward for the Qpid
>> development community, represents how we think releases ought to be
>> done, shows that we're quickly and properly learning Apache
>> guidelines and practices
>
> I am not sure where "properly learning Apache guidlines and practices"
> has started meaning use maven but do let me know if I missed a
> document.

Don't put words in my mouth, Robert. Nowhere do I say that Apache
guidelines require maven. I was saying that releases in the incubator
are intended to show that the project has a viable and diverse
community, and that that community knows the rules and regulations
required for releases.

> I note with interest that the OFBiz project graduated today from the
> incubator and it uses ant for its build system, so it does not seem to
> be a major barrier.
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ofbiz-dev/
> 200611.mbox/%3cD567AD41-94FD-432B-B2BC-
> DC10F36A193A@undersunconsulting.com%3e

I didn't say it was a barrier. I said, and have been saying for
weeks, that doing the work twice, once in ant and again in maven, is
pointless.

Perhaps you should start actually reading what my emails say, rather
than trying to make them say what you want to hear.

--steve

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 14, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Robert Greig wrote:

> On 14/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
>
>> The big white elephant in the room here is that some here seem to
>> want M1 to be a release of the ant-based status quo, while others
>> want M1 to include maven for a variety of reasons, not the least of
>> which is that it we believe it's the right way forward for the Qpid
>> development community, represents how we think releases ought to be
>> done, shows that we're quickly and properly learning Apache
>> guidelines and practices, and avoids doing the same work two or more
>> times, first in ant then in maven.
>
> The funamental point is that whether it is built with ant or maven
> matters not one jot to our users. We would like to get M1 released so
> that we can move on and start focussing on adding functionality for
> M2.

I beg to differ. Other projects will want to start integrating with
Qpid, and maven makes that much easier to do.

--steve

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
Qpid-developers,
[...]

-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT-java-src\qpid-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT-src\common\target\generated\xsl\o
rg\apache\qpid\framing
    [copy] Copying 1 file to C:\dev\Apache
Projects\Qpid-Head\Qpid\branches\mvn\distribution\target
\qpid-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT-java-src\qpid-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT-src\common\target\generated\
xsl\org\apache\qpid\framing

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\dev\Apache Projects\Qpid-Head\Qpid\branches\mvn\distribution\target\qpid-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHO
T-java-src\qpid-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT-src\common\protocol-version.xml:106:
The following error o
ccurred while executing this line:
C:\dev\Apache Projects\Qpid-Head\Qpid\branches\mvn\distribution\target\qpid-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHO
T-java-src\qpid-1.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT-src\common\protocol-version.xml:49:

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Monday November 13 2006 1:33 pm, Robert Greig wrote:
> On 13/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> wrote:
> > Hi Martin, that's odd, since mina 1.0.0 exists under the central
> > repository at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2:
> >
> > <http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/mina/>
> >
> > Maybe you just hit a network glitch or something like that?
>
> I am seeing exactly the same problem - have tried a few times. Is
> there any special configuration required?
>
> RG

You aren't using some out of date mirror in your settings.xml, are you?
I'd try disabling any mirrors in your settings.xml and see if that helps.

You might want to "rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/mina" and retry.
It could have gotten a corrupt pom or something which is confusing it.

I just tried "rm -rf ~/.m2" to completely wipe out all my local stuff and
re-ran and it seems to go OK and all tests passed.     I really don't

Re: Maven build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven build

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
On Nov 13, 2006, at 12:00 PM, Martin Ritchie wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I'm getting the following error from mvn under cygwin.
>
> command: "mvn"
<snip/>