Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by jb...@nanthrax.net on 2009/02/20 08:50:30 UTC

[PROPOSAL] smx3-shell

Hi guys,

I'm coming back from three days with a customer where I have installed SMX 3.3 on AIX6/Power6/JVM IBM 1.5.
I have deployed a set of services using CXF-SE using EJBs in WebSphere 6.1.0.17.

Basicly, the customer has asked how to view the SU/SA deployed (without the console, directly in command line) and
if it's a tool is provided to add a SU BC in front of an existing SE.

Resulting with this dealing, I propose to add a tool in SMX 3.3 which is a kind of mix between SMX4 gshell and SMX3 console.

I have wrote a kind of feature scope in the plane yesterday evening and I propose :
- to add a script bin/smx-shell (like we have bin/servicemix)
- the smx-shell can : list the SAs, list the SUs, stop/start SA/SU, create a SU zip using a xbean.xml and a set of jar (like the maven plugin does but without any requirement to have maven already installed, the purpose is to be able to add for example a JMS SU that target a SE), test a SA (providing a typed normalized message content)

What do you think of that ?
Could I create smx3-shell project in the tooling svn directory ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] smx3-shell

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.
Ant is fine too (embedding the ant jar libs).

I have think about connect to SMX using JMX (1099 by default).

Regards
JB

On Friday 20 February 2009 - 10:00, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> What about the ant tasks ? You can list all JBI artifacts, change
> their lifecycle etc...
> How would your scripts connect to Smx to do things ?
>
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 09:37,  <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> > The problem is that the customer want to "script" some actions using sh and so the console can't be used.
> >
> > More over, the console is not always installed on a "production" environment and I think that the console can't create a SU from a xbean.xml.
> >
> > I can extend the console feature and use the same "classes" in the "script" tool.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On Friday 20 February 2009 - 09:19, Lars Heinemann wrote:
> >> Hi JB,
> >>
> >> what would be the benefit of this? Most of the listed things can be
> >> achieved by using the JConsole.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Lars

> >> --
> >> http://lhein.blogspot.com
> >

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com

Re: [PROPOSAL] smx3-shell

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.
Yes, if there are already ant tasks (that can be extended with new features), it's fine for me.

I will take a look.

Regards
JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] smx3-shell

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [PROPOSAL] smx3-shell

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [PROPOSAL] smx3-shell

Posted by Thomas Termin <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
Lars Heinemann wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> what would be the benefit of this? Most of the listed things can be
> achieved by using the JConsole.
That would be my opinion too. But maybe I missed something.

Thomas

--
Thomas Termin
_______________________________

Tel    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 676
Fax    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
WWW    :  http://www.blue-elephant-systems.com
Email  :  Thomas.Termin@blue-elephant-systems.com

blue elephant systems GmbH
Firmensitz      : Wollgrasweg 49, D-70599 Stuttgart
Registergericht : Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Geschäftsführer : Holger Dietrich, Thomas Gentsch, Joachim Hoernle

Re: [PROPOSAL] smx3-shell

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi JB,

--