Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/04/26 12:30:02 UTC

Re: Uploading Blog Post

Hi All, (+dev, +pmc)

I agree with what Sunando, Giles, Ivet, Andrija have said. The current CMS is not very content friendly, the old Roller based ACS project blog is quite poor (https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack<https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/>), I spent half an hour just to find how to add an image in the recent blog post! I would have preferred that the blog was part of the project website and not a separate thing. In addition to the issue with the ACS project blog, the current website cms (http://github.com/apache/cloudstack-www) can only be managed by people with git skills and not very friendly to use.

It seems Wordpress is pretty much the standard choice used by many blogs, and as long as it's secured and had tight access that is governed/managed by PMC with ASF/infra I'm +1 on migration to Wordpress. Since this is on marketing/users list it may not have reached/read by many PMCs and committers, let me cc and ask - @Wei ZHOU<ma...@gmail.com> @Wido Hollander<ma...@pcextreme.nl> @Gabriel Beims Bräscher<ma...@pcextreme.nl> @Sven Vogel<ma...@ewerk.com> @Will Stevens<ma...@cloudops.com> @Simon Weller<ma...@gmail.com> @Pierre-Luc Dion<ma...@cloud.ca> @Daan Hoogland<ma...@gmail.com> @Boris Stoyanov<ma...@shapeblue.com> and others PMC members via private list, what they think?

Thanks and regards.