Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Madhavi Kavaturu <mk...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/21 19:01:31 UTC

TOMCAT 4.0.1 - OutOfMemoryError when connecting to DB2

Hi All!

This is my first attempt to use TOMCAT and I am stuck with a problem. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my enviroment:

OS : Windows NT
TOMCAT 4.0.1
JDK 1.2 / J2SE Version 1.3.1_01
Database: IBM DB2 Universal Database Version 7 (Personal Edition)

Problem I'm facing:

I am trying to connect to DB2 on my localhost using JSP. I get
"javax.servlet.ServletException" exception and
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" as the root cause. I get the same error with
both JDK 1.2 and J2SE v 1.3.1_01. I tried setting up the
environment variable CATALINA_OPTS to increse JVM heap size (set
CATALINA_OPTS=" -Xms500M -Xmx1000M"), in CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.bat
file. But nothing seems to help.

Am I missing something here??

Thanks,
Madhavi