Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/08 17:58:38 UTC

Re: communication between Page instances on Wicket 1.5

Hi Sander. This is probably too late to be useful. I've been out of town.

You say cross-page communication worked in 1.4, but I think maybe you were
getting lucky. As discussed here, we ran into the "2 versions" problem with
modal windows in 1.4.
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Data-Sharing-with-InlineFrame-Pages-td3068425.html

Basically, if PageA modifies something in PageB, PageA needs to have a
reference to PageB itself; a reference to an object in PageA is generally
not sufficient to update the page map entry for PageA.

Dan

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I said that wrong:

Basically, if PageA modifies something in PageB, PageA needs to have a
reference to PageB itself; a reference to an object in *PageB* is generally
not sufficient to update the page map entry for *PageB*.