Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "haikal.pribadi" <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/09 22:27:08 UTC

Application evaluation on Spark

Hi Spark users,

I'm a research student at the University of Cambridge, and about to pursue a
project on evaluating Spark in certain applications or contexts. Before
digging into ideas that I could pursue, I would like to ask all of you if
there has been requests/desires on evaluating certain
applications/algorithms/implementations to run on spark for experimental
purposes, or a problem that you've been thinking to look into. While running
through ideas, I was thinking it would be nice if the project could also be
useful for the community itself if it were to evaluate an actual problem
that people are interested in knowing about.

Thank you, everyone.

Re: Application evaluation on Spark

Posted by 尹绪森 <yi...@gmail.com>.
Which kinds of evaluation do you prefer ? Do you mean this kind :
https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/407

I am interested in such evaluation because I want to optimizing the
performance of distributed machine learning algorithms, both in the
framework execution and machine learning algorithm itself.

> Hi Spark users,
>
> I'm a research student at the University of Cambridge, and about to pursue
> project on evaluating Spark in certain applications or contexts. Before
> digging into ideas that I could pursue, I would like to ask all of you if
> there has been requests/desires on evaluating certain
> applications/algorithms/implementations to run on spark for experimental
> purposes, or a problem that you've been thinking to look into. While
> running
> through ideas, I was thinking it would be nice if the project could also be
> useful for the community itself if it were to evaluate an actual problem
> that people are interested in knowing about.
>
> Thank you, everyone.

Best Regards
Xusen Yin    尹绪森
Beijing Key Laboratory of Intelligent Telecommunications Software and
Multimedia
Beijing University of Posts & Telecommunications
Intel Labs China
Homepage: *http://yinxusen.github.io/ <http://yinxusen.github.io/>*