Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com> on 2005/09/07 09:27:09 UTC

Re: you are serious with antrun-plugin 10 levels deep xml construct?

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, solo turn wrote:

Hi,

This is really more appropriate on the user list, so moving it there.

> i tried to use m2 because of concise pom.xml files ... and now i tried to do
> an ftp upload of the result. is there another way then to do it with an
> antrun-plugin, which requires a
> 10-levels-deep-i-have-no-idea-where-i-am-in-my-editor any-more construct?

Sure, use m2 deploy. You have to setup distributionManagement in
the pom:
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven-model/maven.html#class_DistributionManagement

And: get a real editor and use proper indenting, that should make the pom
more readable.

<project>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <ftp ....../>

hmm.. 9 levels.. almost 10, indeed! :)

-- Kenney

--
Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com

Re: you are serious with antrun-plugin 10 levels deep xml construct?

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, solo turn wrote:

> hi,
>  thanks, now it works!
>   my pom has just dependencies (other jars and so libraries), and i use
> assembly and antrun.
>  the result is:
> * an empty jar
>  how can i avoid that it is produced?

Add sources? :)

> * the zip, created by assembly

So you're just building a zip, no jar. Change the packaging to 'pom'.

> * i have to use two commands to get the result where it should be:
>  m2 assembly:assembly
>  m2 antrun:run

I think you mean to say you just want one command to produce the zip?
Try binding those mojo's to the package phase using the <executions>
mechanism.

>   the other question i have: how can i use buildmanagement to upload it, so
> i just have to use one command for the build/deploy? i saw
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-483, but i am unsure if it fixes it, and
> if yes, how i should use it?

That should fix it, yes. You could then just m2 deploy, and the zip will
be uploaded (it'll be registered as an 'attachment' or 'secondary'
artifact).

In the mean time.. not sure what's best. I guess .zip's arent meant to be
put into the repository; they're more like distributions you put on sites
for download etc.

-- Kenney

Posted by solo turn <so...@gmail.com>.
hi,