Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sunil Dhage <su...@coreobjects.com> on 2009/10/28 08:31:05 UTC

jcr:lastmodified property not accessible from frozenNode.

Hi All,

In my application I am storing photos in a nt:resource node and I am explicitly setting jcr:lastmodified property.
While fetching all the versions of that photo, I am getting the binary content, mimetype from the frozenNodes but lastmodified property is not available.  I am getting Exception PathNotFound.

Though I have version.getCreated().getTime(),  But this will be the time I invoke checkIn().  I am interested in the Calendar object I have passed to the jcr:lastmodified property.

Please help me in getting that property from the frozenNode.

Any other alternatives are welcome.

Regards,
Sunil Kumar Dhage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-No one will manufacture lock without key. Similarly God wont give problems without solutions. So defeat your problems with great confidence.

Re: jcr:lastmodified property not accessible from frozenNode.

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@day.com>.
hi,
in JCR1.0 the jcr:lastModified of a nt:resource has a OPV=Ignore,
which means, it is not versioned:

[nt:resource] > nt:base, mix:referenceable
  - jcr:encoding (string)
  - jcr:mimeType (string) mandatory
  - jcr:data (binary) primary mandatory
  - jcr:lastModified (date) mandatory ignore

in JCR2.0 the jcr:lastModified is defined in the mix:lastModified and
has a OPV=Copy, and is versioned:

[mix:lastModified]
  mixin
  - jcr:lastModified (DATE) autocreated
  - jcr:lastModifiedBy (STRING) autocreated

So you can either:
- use Jackrabbit 2.0
- store your modification date in a own property.
- use a different nodetype for jcr:content, e.g. nt:unstructured. then
all properties are versioned

regards, toby