Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Saurabh Singh via user <us...@flink.apache.org> on 2023/03/07 09:31:10 UTC

Query on ProcessingTime Triggers on EventTime based window

Hi Community,

We have the below use case,

   - We have to use EventTime for Windowing (Tumbling Window) and
   Watermarking.
      - We use *TumbingEventTimeWindows* for this
   - We have to continuously emit the results for Window every 1 minute.
      - We are planning to use *ContinousProcessingTimeTrigger* for the
      same.
      - ContinuousProcessingTimeTrigger.of(Time.seconds(60))

However when we execute this job - We face the below Issue.

   - *No Watermark (Watermarks are only available if EventTime is used)*

Could you suggest what should be the right trigger/windowing for the same?
Anything we could be missing?

Regards
Saurabh

Re: Query on ProcessingTime Triggers on EventTime based window

Posted by Shammon FY <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I think you can give more detail such as  example can help us to trace the
cause, thanks

Best,
Shammon