Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Joe Cole <jo...@xtra.co.nz> on 2002/12/16 05:48:02 UTC

Embedding XIndice

Hi,

When I mean embedded, I mean using xindice as a normal api, without any tomcat/servers running. I am just going to be using it for storage of documents in my desktop applicaton. (Users are dumb)
I see there was a little bit of talk about this a while back on the mailing list. I am currently trying to get eXist working, and its going well, but would like to be able to use xindice preferably.
Did anyone who tried end up getting the embedded version working, or could someone point me in the right direction to code up an embedded solution?

Any help would be appreciated

Joe Cole

Re: Embedding XIndice

Posted by Vanessa Williams <v....@acm.org>.
This topic's been going round and round for months. It's something a
lot of people want/need, but AFAIK the implementation of it is not
stable and there's no documentation on how to do it. I sincerely hope
this is going to be resolved before 1.1 is released.

--
vanessa@fridgebuzz.com
www.fridgebuzz.com

Re: Embedding XIndice