Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/07/17 08:46:50 UTC

Re: [dlrvm] MIPS port

In message <61...@mail.gmail.com>,
Charles Hardin writes:

> All,
>
> For some technology development efforts we ended up deciding to port
> the DRLVM to mips to try out a few things.
>
> We are doing this fairly blindly and probably didn't follow the
> appropriate conventions - so, before we go to far off the reservation
> we figured we should ask a couple of things:
> - are people interested in us contributing this back to harmony?

Yes.  This would be very cool.  The tricky part will be keeping it
working when none of the current developers work on this platform - unless
we can set up a testing process.

> - if yes, then can we get a contact to make sure this contribution
> is done correctly?

The contribution policy is here:

  http://harmony.apache.org/contribution_policy.html

You say "We" so I assume it will probably be a bulk contribution.  Our
preference is for help to come from the lists rather than individuals
so that anyone can help move things forward.  So this list would be fine
but sensitive issues can be discussed on private@harmony.apache.org.

> Our fallback plan is to just send patches back to the mailing list.

Patches should be attached to JIRA.

Thanks,
 Mark.