Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/01/20 03:59:36 UTC

Root README file in SVN

I've checked in a README file to the root of our SVN tree:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/README

This should be useful to help orient someone who is browsing our tree.

I could use your help identifying the purpose of the branches.  I
described the ones I know about, but there are several there that I am
not familiar with.

Thanks!

-Rob

Re: Root README file in SVN

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Rob;
>
> Perhaps we should add a legal DISCLAIMER to the branches directory?

Funny you said that.  I was in the process of adding some additional
language to the end of the README.  I'd be interested in your feedback
on that.  I think a disclaimer is appropriate for all of the
directories that can contain unreleased code, including branches. but
also /trunk.

> I am aware of other projects taking code from there that we may not
> be releasing after all (oops).

It is helpful, I think, to make sure the distinction between an Apache
release and unvetted code in SVN is clear.

-Rob

Re: Root README file in SVN

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi Rob;

Re: Root README file in SVN

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Maybe add information on the publish.pl and web push.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor