Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by zeek <kh...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/11 19:08:31 UTC

a newbie question reagarding keyword count in each document

Hi All,

I am realtively new to Solr/Lucene and need some help.

- I am basically storing documents where each document represents an Entity
(a thing, a place etc)
- each Entity has some unique features that i need to store in a filed(s)
- also, i need to store the mention of those features (based on information
extracted from some other sources)
- when i query these documents, i need to be able to retrieve the x most
talked about features of that entity.

can i do such thing in solr/lucene?  I was thinking that I create a
multi-valued field where i add the feature every time it was mentioned in my
sources.  but how would i get most mentioned features (based on the count)
for that particular entity?  If not possible in solr, i was thinking of
storing that information in a database but I really want to avoid such
option

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zeek