Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fhomasp <th...@realdolmen.com> on 2010/12/09 16:38:35 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin 2.2 flag useProjectArtifact (false) not working

More context on how I got to this phase:

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Create-complicated-client-jar-release-target-s-td3295582.html

The 2.2 assembly plugin includes the projects artifacts by default in the
dependencySet tag.  However there is a tag that *should* resolve this.  I've
set it (useProjectArtifact set to false) but it does not help.  So I figure
I'll try a beta version but this has as major setback that the earlier tag
"useAllReactorProjects" is now an unrecognized tag, breaking my build.  If I
omit it, none of my modules get built even if I include them.  I mean, uhh.
I'm at a loss here.  Here's the moduleSet part of my assembly descriptor.
Is this a bug or something? I thought backward compatibility was rather
important.

<moduleSets>
        <moduleSet>
            <useAllReactorProjects>true</useAllReactorProjects>
            <!--TODO: add future release modules here !?-->
            <includes>

<include>com.touchatag.ps.project.coa:JavaClientLauncher-releaseModule</include>

<include>com.touchatag.ps.project.coa:SavingClient-releaseModule</include>
            </includes>

            <binaries>
                <outputDirectory>/common/lib</outputDirectory>
                <unpack>false</unpack>
                <dependencySets>
                    <dependencySet>
                        <outputDirectory>/common/lib</outputDirectory>

<useTransitiveDependencies>true</useTransitiveDependencies>
                        <useProjectArtifact>false</useProjectArtifact>
                        <useProjectAttachments>false</useProjectAttachments>
                        <excludes>

<exclude>com.touchatag.ps.project.coa:JavaClientLauncher</exclude>

<exclude>com.touchatag.ps.project.coa:SavingClient</exclude>

                        </excludes>
                    </dependencySet>
                </dependencySets>
            </binaries>