Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com> on 2002/06/08 08:05:15 UTC

[patch] template action

I was having some problems with seeing exceptions in the turbine.log,
they kept showing as null (e.g. "handleException: null"). I posted a
previous patch that made sure to print the entire stack trace, but now
I've found the source of the problem.

TemplateAction is much like ActionEvent, however, it was missing some
InvocationTargetException handling that ActionEvent has in the perform
method. It was returning an InvocationTargetException instead of the
real exception.

I've attached a patch, though it's really just the ActionEvent code
pasted into TemplateAction.

And just to be specific, this solves the problem of seeing null
exception traces in the log file, given ActionEvent's handling code,
TemplateAction will now successfully throw the real exception instead of
the reflection's wrapper exception to be printed to the log.

- Stephen