Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/22 03:50:00 UTC

[ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.1.1 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
Kafka 0.10.1.1. This is a bug fix release that fixes 30 issues in 0.10.1.0.

All of the changes in this release can be found in the release notes:
*https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.10.1.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.10.1.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html.>

Apache Kafka is a distributed streaming platform with four four core APIs:

** The Producer API allows an application to publish a stream records to
one or more Kafka topics.

** The Consumer API allows an application to subscribe to one or more
topics and process the stream of records produced to them.

** The Streams API allows an application to act as a stream processor,
consuming an input stream from one or more topics and producing an output
stream to one or more output topics, effectively transforming the input
streams to output streams.

** The Connector API allows building and running reusable producers or
consumers that connect Kafka topics to existing applications or data
systems. For example, a connector to a relational database might capture
every change to a table.three key capabilities:

With these APIs, Kafka can be used for two broad classes of application:

** Building real-time streaming data pipelines that reliably get data
between systems or applications.

** Building real-time streaming applications that transform or react to the
streams of data.

You can download the source release from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.1.1/kafka-0.10.1.1-src.tgz

and binary releases from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.1.1/kafka_2.10-0.10.1.1.tgz
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.1.1/kafka_2.11-0.10.1.1.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.0.1/kafka_2.11-0.10.1.1.tgz>

A big thank you for the following 21 contributors to this release!

Alexey Ozeritsky, Anton Karamanov, Ben Stopford, Bernard Leach, Bill
Bejeck, Damian Guy, Dan Norwood, Eno Thereska, Ewen Cheslack-Postava,
Guozhang Wang, Jason Gustafson, Jiangjie Qin, Jun He, Jun Rao, Kim
Christensen, Manikumar Reddy O, Matthias J. Sax, Mayuresh Gharat, Rajini
Sivaram, Sumant Tambe, Vahid Hashemian

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.1.1 Released

Posted by Sachin Mittal <sj...@gmail.com>.
The downloads page is still point to 0.10.1.0
http://kafka.apache.org/downloads

Docs is also still pointing 0.10.1.0
http://kafka.apache.org/0101/javadoc/index.html

The documentation page seems to be pointing to 0.10.1
Note sure if it is 0.10.1.0 or 0.10.1.1.
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation

Thanks
Sachin

Posted by "Abel ." <ab...@amtech.mx>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
The website has now been updated with the 0.10.1.1 release details.

Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Guozhang and Allen,

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Allen,

Posted by allen chan <al...@gmail.com>.
From what i can tell, it looks like the main kafka website is not updated

--
Allen Michael Chan

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.1.1 Released

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yeah that is right, the correct link should be

https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.10.1.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html.

Some how the auto-gen RELEASE_NOTES adds a dot at the end. Thanks for
pointing it out.

By the way, I have pushed the changes to the asf website as well:

https://kafka.apache.org/downloads

But it has not refreshed yet. Should be reflected at any time.

Guozhang

Fwd: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.1.1 Released