Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2006/05/24 20:29:56 UTC

Error in connections with jdbc connection pool

Hi,

I am using jdbc collection pool in cocoon.xconf to connect to my
database from my cocoon portal server. Sometimes the dba does some
audits and kills some connections in the database. In the application
when I am trying to connect I want to make sure that the connection is
alive before using it . I am currently getting a broken pipe and  Socked
not found exception whenever there is a broken connection. Any help is
greatly appreciated. Here are the tags I am using.

<jdbc logger="core.datasources.db1" name="db1">
         <pool-controller min="3" max="10" />
         <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>

<dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://xxx:1532/xxxdb:INFORMIXSERVER=xx1db</dburl>
         <user>informix</user>
         <password>informix</password>
         <driver>com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver</driver>
    </jdbc>

I am using esql to connect to the database.. here is how I am using them.
esql:connection>
                  <esql:pool>db1</esql:pool>
                  <esql:execute-query>
                      <esql:query>SET LOCK MODE TO WAIT ;</esql:query>
                  </esql:execute-query>
                  <esql:execute-query>
                      <esql:query>SET ISOLATION TO DIRTY READ;</esql:query>
                  </esql:execute-query>
                    <esql:execute-query>
                      <esql:call  needs-query="true">{call
xxx_proc()}</esql:call>