Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Odelya YomTov-Glick <od...@jpost.com> on 2008/04/29 13:38:58 UTC

how to get the entry in site model

Hi,
I m using method
#set ($theEntries = $site.getMostCommentedWeblogEntries(null,8,3)).

Is there a way to get by the $entryStatCount.subjectNameShort
Which indicated the anchor, the entry itself - since I would like to get the
blog of the entry.

Thanks

Odelya YomTov - Glick
JPost.com web programmer
050-2052075

Re: how to get the entry in site model

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Odelya YomTov-Glick <od...@jpost.com> wrote:
>  I m using method
>  #set ($theEntries = $site.getMostCommentedWeblogEntries(null,8,3)).
>
>  Is there a way to get by the $entryStatCount.subjectNameShort
>  Which indicated the anchor, the entry itself - since I would like to get the
>  blog of the entry.

No. The built-in models do not support that becuase the StatCount
object. The subjectNameShort is the entry anchor, but the only way to
fetch an entry by anchor is in the $weblog object -- and that's the
object you are trying to get.

The solution here is probably to implement your own Model object to
return the data you want.

- Dave