Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/01 00:37:24 UTC

Webinar: Apache Solr 1.4 – Faster, Easier, and More Versatile than Ever

Excuse the cross-posting and gratuitous marketing :)

	Erik

My company, Lucid Imagination, is sponsoring a free and in-depth
technical webinar with Erik Hatcher, one of our co-founders as Lucid
Imagination, as well as co-author of Lucene in Action, and Lucene/Solr
PMC member and committer. Sign up here: http://www.eventsvc.com/lucidimagination/100909?trk=WR-OCT2009-AP

Friday, October 9th 2009
10:00AM – 11:00AM PDT / 1:00 – 2:00PM EDT

If you’ve got a lot of data to tame in a variety of formats, there’s
no better, deeper, faster platform to build your search application
with than Solr. Apache Solr 1.4 expands the power and versatility of
the leading open source search server, with its convenient web-
services interfaces and well-packaged server implementation. Erik will
present and discuss key features and innovations of Solr 1.4,
covering, among others:

   * Faster, more streamlined document and query processing
   * New powerful search methods including multi-select faceting,
deduplication and numeric range handling
   * Simplified, powerful, highly-scalable deployment improvements
with new Java server infrastructure

Sign up for the free webinar at
http://www.eventsvc.com/lucidimagination/100909?trk=WR-OCT2009-AP

About the presenter:
Erik Hatcher, is the co-author of “Lucene in Action” as well as co-
author of “Java Development with Ant”. Erik has been an active member
of the Lucene community – a leading Lucene and Solr committer, member
of the Lucene Project Management Committee, member of the Apache
Software Foundation as well as a frequent invited speaker at various
industry events.

Re: Webinar: Apache Solr 1.4 – Faster, Easier, and More Versatile than Ever

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I subscribed to a previous one of these. I called in on the phone, but
then hung up when I noticed the audio was coming thru my computer speakers
:)

So I don't think you need to use the phone, if your computer has sound.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: Webinar: Apache Solr 1.4 – Faster, Easier, and More Versatile than Ever

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:39 PM, André Warnier wrote:
>
>> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>>> Excuse the cross-posting and gratuitous marketing :)
>>>    Erik
>>> My company, Lucid Imagination, is sponsoring a free and in-depth
>>> technical webinar with Erik Hatcher, one of our co-founders as Lucid
>>> Imagination, as well as co-author of Lucene in Action, and
>>> Lucene/Solr PMC member and committer. Sign up here:
>>> http://www.eventsvc.com/lucidimagination/100909?trk=WR-OCT2009-AP
>>> Friday, October 9th 2009
>>> 10:00AM – 11:00AM PDT / 1:00 – 2:00PM EDT
>> Hi.
>> We are a small European company, and we are interested in the webinar,
>> to which we subscribed.  But we are quite unfamiliar with such things,
>> and wonder if this means that we'll have a Europe/USA phone call
>> running for the duration, which could end up quite expensive.
>> Can you enlighten us in that respect ?
>
> All audio and video run over the internet, so no extra phone call to make.
>
>     Erik

Thanks.

Re: Webinar: Apache Solr 1.4 – Faster, Easier, and More Versatile than Ever

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.