Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 16:28:38 UTC

Language detection and download link in download page for ZH-TW is broken

Hi ,

Language detection and download link in traditional Chinese download page
is broken.
http://www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/download/index.html

It always picks up Dutch (Nederland) by default.
It picked traditional Chinese before. However download link pointed to the
binary for traditional Chinese. On the otherhand, when I selected
traditional Chinese, the download link now point to the file for CA-XV.

And 4.1.1 doesn't appear in the version dropdown.

I checked
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/zh-tw/download/msg_prop_l10n_zh-tw.js

I looks fine.  I believe that you might just forget to rebuild the website.
Please help to update.

By the way,

In
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/zh-tw/brand.mdtext

The announce line should be updated as:
announce: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 現可供下載

Thanks.

Re: Language detection and download link in download page for ZH-TW is broken

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Hung Mark wrote:
> www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/download/index.html
> line 232, a slash was missing and cause 404.

I confirm there's a broken link in the top bar.

Links in the top navigation are generated from this very simple file:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/zh-tw/topnav.mdtext?view=markup

As you see, I've changed line 12 to link it to
/zh-tw/download/index.html
which is probably the target we want in that context.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Language detection and download link in download page for ZH-TW is broken

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Another thing for help :

Please update
www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/download/index.html
line 232, a slash was missing and cause 404.
<li><a href="/download/index.html
<http://www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/download/download/index.html>" title="下載
Apache OpenOffice">下載</a></li>
^^--Missing / before download
Thank you.
Good day.

> Hung Mark wrote:
>
>> I don't have account for cwiki, would you please create one for me?
>> Using marklh9 as my account name would be fine.
>>

> Sure, done. You will have to reset your password to login.
>

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Mark Hung

Re: Language detection and download link in download page for ZH-TW is broken

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea ,

I don't have account for cwiki, would you please create one for me?
Using marklh9 as my account name would be fine.

> On 22/08/2014 Hung Mark wrote:
>
>> In
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/
>> content/zh-tw/brand.mdtext
>> The announce line should be updated as:
>> announce: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 現可供下載
>>

> Thanks, this is now fixed. Note that when we can we prefer to link to
> localized content.
>
> At https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/
> AOO+4.1.1+Release+Notes you will find a number of translations (some
> announced at the top, some listed at the bottom as "Child pages"); you can
> add a new one with little effort, since it's not a lot of text; I sent
> instructions here earlier, but basically it's enough to login, copy the
> English page and edit the copy.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Mark Hung

Re: Language detection and download link in download page for ZH-TW is broken

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Everything looks fine after refresh browser except announce is still for
OpenOffice 4.1.0. Please ignore my last mail.

Thanks.