Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <tc...@hist.umn.edu> on 2002/11/11 23:47:26 UTC

[ PHPGenerator ] Inital draft of PHPGenerator docs on Wiki

http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator

I've gone through the process myself up until "make", and then I had to
leave to work, so I made an educated guess as to what should happen
afterwards.  When I get home, I'll go through the rest and make sure the
directions work.

Could someone else with experience getting the PHPGenerator working
please check my docs to make sure they're accurate?

On a side note (to -dev), why is it "PhpGenerator" and not
"PHPGenerator"?  We have HTTPGenerator and SWFGenerator, so perhaps the
file should be renamed to PHPGenerator for consistency's sake?

Tony

Re: [ PHPGenerator ] Inital draft of PHPGenerator docs on Wiki

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Peter Donald wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:13, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>Tony Collen wrote:
>>

>>>http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator
>>>

>>[...]
>>

>>>On a side note (to -dev), why is it "PhpGenerator" and not
>>>"PHPGenerator"?  We have HTTPGenerator and SWFGenerator, so perhaps the
>>>file should be renamed to PHPGenerator for consistency's sake?
>>>

>>Changing a name of a class just for consistency brings us a small
>>advantage (consistency) and a big damage (broken classes and refs
>>depending on it).
>>
>>In this case it may be not a problem as for classes depending on it, but
>>I woulodn't like to be the sitemap guy that goes round fixing all the
>>declarations in the sitemaps ;-)
>>

>Change the name and have the old class still around but deprecated. Make it
>print out all sorts of ugly warning messages (upgrade me! upgrade me!) but
>other than that delegate to the new generator

That's what we usually do. +1

Vadim

Re: [ PHPGenerator ] Inital draft of PHPGenerator docs on Wiki

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [ PHPGenerator ] Inital draft of PHPGenerator docs on Wiki

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Tony Collen wrote:
> http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator

[...]
> On a side note (to -dev), why is it "PhpGenerator" and not
> "PHPGenerator"?  We have HTTPGenerator and SWFGenerator, so perhaps the
> file should be renamed to PHPGenerator for consistency's sake?

Changing a name of a class just for consistency brings us a small
advantage (consistency) and a big damage (broken classes and refs
depending on it).

In this case it may be not a problem as for classes depending on it, but
I woulodn't like to be the sitemap guy that goes round fixing all the
declarations in the sitemaps ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [ PHPGenerator ] Inital draft of PHPGenerator docs on Wiki

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    Jose> This isn't the right place to post this question , but has
    Jose> anybody successfully run php as a servlet. I've tried run
    Jose> "directly" under tomcat but after some reloads tomcat dies.

Well it works for the cocoon sample in cocoon 2.1 dev.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: [ PHPGenerator ] Inital draft of PHPGenerator docs on Wiki

Posted by Jose Borges Ferreira <jc...@accao.net>.
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 18:12, Tony Collen wrote:

> Off, nasty. I'll take a look at it when I have a chance.  I wasn't able to
> get back to working on this last night.   I'll keep you updated.
>

> Tony
>
> Tony Collen -- tc@socsci.umn.edu
> College of Liberal Arts   University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, West Bank

Great!

This isn't the right place to post this question , but has anybody
successfully run php as a servlet. I've tried run "directly" under
tomcat but after some reloads tomcat dies.

Z.

--
Linux is not user-friendly. It _is_ user-friendly.
It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.

Re: [ PHPGenerator ] Inital draft of PHPGenerator docs on Wiki

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@hist.umn.edu>.

Posted by Jose Borges Ferreira <jc...@accao.net>.
Hi there !

I made all the steps you sugest on your page and i got the following
error :

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: bailout
	at net.php.servlet.send(Native Method)
	at net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:188)
	at net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:212)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

Any ideas ?

Z.