Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Adam Ratcliffe <ad...@premasys.com> on 2004/07/09 14:27:32 UTC

Setting Content-Length

I'm writing a Pocket PC application where I need to provide a progress
bar for the user while an image file is being
loaded.  Cocoon is not setting the Content-Length header so I'm unable
to determine the loading percentage.

I extended XMLSerializer to return true for the shouldSetContentLength()
method as recommended by Vadim in
posting
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg17350.html,
but this results in no content
at all being set back to the client.

Has anyone else successfully set the Content-Length header?

Regards
Adam

Re: Setting Content-Length

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 09.07.2004 14:27, Adam Ratcliffe wrote:

> I'm writing a Pocket PC application where I need to provide a progress
> bar for the user while an image file is being
> loaded.  Cocoon is not setting the Content-Length header so I'm unable
> to determine the loading percentage.
>
> I extended XMLSerializer to return true for the shouldSetContentLength()
> method as recommended by Vadim in
> posting
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg17350.html,
> but this results in no content
> at all being set back to the client.
>
> Has anyone else successfully set the Content-Length header?

This happens "successfully" for the FOPSerializer:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/fop/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/FOPSerializer.java?annotate=1.11#82

Joerg