Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/03/14 21:05:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release maven and plugins parent pom

so we use the latest apache parent

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: [VOTE] Release maven and plugins parent pom

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
go for it ;)

Posted by Cabasson Denis <de...@insee.fr>.

Thanks a lot emmanuel,

Now the release plugin don't complain because of a missing dependency.
I still have trouble with release:perform when using a CVS repository and an ext provider. Looks like the release plugin is trying to use a java provider, instead of an ext command, which knows of my private key, while the java version don't.
Thinks are working fine with 2.0-beta-4, though.

I'll try to investigate a bit more on the matter.

Denis.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Cabasson Denis <de...@insee.fr>.
Hi folks!

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
Brian,

You can see what happens just by running:
mvn -Prelease package
then look at whats in the jars.

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 20:16, Brian E. Fox wrote:
> So I can remove this code from my pom then:

Correct, shouldn't be needed.

> <resources>
> 			<!-- Include the apache process LICENSE and
> NOTICE files.-->
> 			<!--uncomment for release. Commented out for now
> to enable eclipse-plugin to work-->
> 			<resource>
> 				<targetPath>META-INF</targetPath>
> 				<filtering>false</filtering>
> 				<directory>${basedir}</directory>
> 				<includes>
> 					<include>LICENSE</include>
> 					<include>NOTICE</include>
> 				</includes>
> 			</resource>
>

> But is this still needed?

Nope.  Shouldn't be.

> 			<!-- Include super-pom defined main/resources
> 			Removing this section will break the build.
> 			Since we have defined a new build/resources
> 			section for the Apache process LICENSE and
> NOTICE
> 			files, this original default section is now
> 			required. -->
> 			<resource>
>
> <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
> 			</resource>

Dan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.