Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raheem Soukath Ali <Ra...@gulfair.com> on 2019/10/08 10:28:44 UTC

Tomcat 9.0.26 best practices

Hello,

We are planning to install Tomcat 9.0.26 to host Oracle ORDS 19.1 application.

Kindly guide us in best practices for deploying Tomcat 9.0.26 within RHEL Linux 7 environment.

Thanks & Regards,

Raheem Soukath Ali
Senior Database Administrator
Gulf Air - Information Technology
Tel: +973-17-33-8514
E-mail: Raheem.SoukathAli@gulfair.com
Website:www.gulfair.com<http://www.gulfair.com>
[cid:Current_Email_Banner_b9c1c345-f4d3-4d67-8439-f24e053f35f1.jpg]<https://www.gulfair.com/on-board/boeing-dreamliner-787>
Stay in touch with @gulfair
[cid:Facebook_d8116275-243e-44d8-b34e-8f2d7d0c6699.png]<https://www.facebook.com/gulfair>[cid:Twitter_66099a04-5d61-439d-84ca-8f9ef9d392eb.png]<https://twitter.com/gulfair>[cid:Instagram_f252d159-347a-4a52-86aa-087124e42729.png]<https://instagram.com/gulfair>[cid:Youtube_114ddb42-81fe-4311-96b4-3c37c773877a.png]<https://www.youtube.com/user/gulfair><https://plus.google.com/+gulfair>[cid:Linkedin_848da850-f158-445f-91e4-1abb7f7a0542.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/gulf-air>

This is an e-mail from Gulf Air B.S.C. (c). This e mail and any files transmitted with it are or may be confidential or legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e mail by mistake and delete this e mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying distributing or taking action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Although Gulf Air B.S.C. (c) has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e mail, it accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e mail or its attachments. For details of how we handle your personal data, please see our Privacy Policy at https://www.gulfair.com/transparency/privacy-policy

Re: Tomcat 9.0.26 best practices

Posted by Sriram Narayanan <sr...@gmail.com>.
I offer consultation on production ready setups and customisation.

Let me know if you are interested

Ram

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Raheem,

On 10/8/19 07:54, Raheem Soukath Ali wrote:
> [... On] RHEL Linux 8[,] tomcat is not supplied or supported

Really?

Coty, whassup with RHEL 8?

- -chris

Posted by Raheem Soukath Ali <Ra...@gulfair.com>.
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Soon we are planning to upgrade RHEL to 8 version and from RHEL Linux 8 tomcat is not supplied or supported, So in this case we are planning to install latest 9.0.x instead of supplied tomcat within RHEL.

Please provide us the best practices for deploying Tomcat 9.0.26 within RHEL Linux 7 environment,  Thanks.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.