Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by Bruno Guimarães Sousa <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/05 15:07:16 UTC

retries to connect to agent

Hi !
Benchmarks are running very unstable. Sometimes it runs without errors. And
sometimes (most of it) it runs with this problem:
10:56:06   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 1.
10:56:16   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 2.
10:56:26   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 3.
10:56:36   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 4.
10:56:46   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 5.
10:56:56   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 6.
10:57:06   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 7.
10:57:16   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 8.
10:57:26   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 9.
10:57:36   WARNING Retry connecting to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12, count 10.
10:57:36   SEVERE Could not connect to CmdAgent@192.168.1.12 10:57:36
SEVERE CmdService setup failed. Exiting
Faban master tries to start the agent in a SUT computer. The agent log from
the computer 192.168.1.12 prints:
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:310)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:176)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:163)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ReflectionSocketFactory.createSocket(ReflectionSocketFactory.java:140)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:125)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:707)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:387)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
        at
com.sun.faban.harness.agent.Download.downloadDir(Download.java:122)
        at com.sun.faban.harness.agent.Download.download(Download.java:109)
        at
com.sun.faban.harness.agent.Download.loadBenchmark(Download.java:60)
        at
com.sun.faban.harness.agent.AgentBootstrap.startAgents(AgentBootstrap.java:331)
        at
com.sun.faban.harness.agent.AgentBootstrap.main(AgentBootstrap.java:97)

Couldn't get rid of this prob yet :(
Tried restarting tomcat and faban master but nothing changed.

--
Bruno Guimarães Sousa
www.ifba.edu.br

Re: retries to connect to agent

Posted by Bruno Guimarães Sousa <br...@gmail.com>.
This problem always happens after a *"java.net.SocketException: Too many
open files"* exception problem. Maybe they are related somehow.
a) The master cannot 'rsh/ssh' to the agent system without password
It's working fine.

b) The user has specified 'localhost' as the name of the system (not true in
your case)
Not true indeed

c) There is a mismatch between the hostname seen by Java and what you think
it is
hosts are defined correctly in /etc/hosts if it that what you meant

d) There is a genuine network issue between the two systems
They are communicating fine :)

For this issue, I do the samething: wait a couple of minutes and then it
goes fine.

regards
--
Bruno Guimarães Sousa