Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Stephen Rufle <sr...@salmonllc.com> on 2009/11/18 22:04:05 UTC

Can setting a value through javascript invoke an HTML event

I have a field on my page that uses a pop-up window to allow input. When
you click the link in the pop-up. I use javascript to set the vale on
the parent page. Is there a way to invoke some HTML event that I could
then handle. I had thought the onChange or onBlur events would fire, but
neither do.

Re: Can setting a value through javascript invoke an HTML event

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,
I assume you are trying this ;
On click on a link in popup change the value of input in the parent page
which in turn cause a change/blur event in which you want to handle
something.

When we change the value of an input field using JS no change/blur event
occurs, Because these all events needed user interaction to occur.
Better you call function on the click of link update the value in the parent
page input and in that call your function to handle what ever you want.

Rishi Solanki
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.