Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tony <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/24 09:06:08 UTC

Feature request: "Insert Rows..."

Hello!

I think the current "Insert Rows" should be "Insert Row", and it should be
accompanied by an "Insert Rows..." which takes a number and allows you to
insert multiple rows. Otherwise, say you need to insert 20 rows, it's gonna
be a lot of clicking!

Many thanks!

Tony

Re: Feature request: "Insert Rows..."

Posted by Tony <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello Brian!

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>wrote:

> Are we talking Calc?  No: Insert Rows will insert multiple rows.

Yes we are, sorry, I should have mentioned it.

>  ... and it should be accompanied by an "Insert Rows..." which takes a
>> number and allows you to insert multiple rows. Otherwise, say you need to
>> insert 20 rows, it's gonna be a lot of clicking!
>>

> Select multiple rows where you want the new rows to be.  (Click the row at
> one end of the range and Shift+click the row at the other.)  Then Insert
> Rows will replace all those rows with new empty ones, moving existing rows
> down.

Very cool - sorry I didn't realize this myself.

Thanks a lot!

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.

Posted by Mike Scott <mi...@scottsonline.org.uk>.
On 24/05/12 12:56, James Knott wrote:
> Tony wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I think the current "Insert Rows" should be "Insert Row", and it
>> should be
>> accompanied by an "Insert Rows..." which takes a number and allows you to
>> insert multiple rows. Otherwise, say you need to insert 20 rows, it's
>> gonna
>> be a lot of clicking!
>>
>> Many thanks!
>>
>> Tony
>>

> Try highlighting the number of rows you want to insert and then click on
> insert rows.

That's fine; but if you happen to want, say, 43 new rows? Or 143?

I think the OP has a valid point.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England