Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Baden Grey <ba...@harvest.com> on 2004/06/08 01:28:49 UTC

Random Internal Server Error

I am using apache 2.0.47 and apache::asp with mod_perl.  It serves asp pages ok but when I include perlscript in the .asp file it still works but most of the time it tacks on an error message at the end of the page.  For example if I have a .asp file with the following:

<%@ Language=PerlScript %>
<%
print "Hello World";
%>

the Hello World will always show but underneath I randomly get the following error message:

OK

Please contact the server administrator, xxx@xxx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_13 Perl/v5.8.3 Server at localhost Port 80

Sometimes it displays the whole error message, sometimes just part of it and sometimes not at all.  This is what I have in the httpd.conf file, just under all the LoadModule lines:

LoadFile "C:\Perl\bin\perl58.dll"
PerlModule Apache::ASP
<Files ~ (\.asp)>
   SetHandler  perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache::ASP
   PerlSetVar  Global .
</Files>

Also, there is no error in the log file.

Re: Random Internal Server Error

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Baden Grey wrote:
> I am using apache 2.0.47 and apache::asp with mod_perl.  It serves asp
> pages ok but when I include perlscript in the .asp file it still works
> but most of the time it tacks on an error message at the end of the
> page.  For example if I have a .asp file with the following:
>
> <%@ Language=PerlScript %>
> <%
> print "Hello World";
> %>
>
> the Hello World will always show but underneath I randomly get the
> following error message:

Make sure to upgrade to Apache::ASP 2.57, as the problem was fixed
in that release.

Regards,

Josh