Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Chris Simmons <cp...@decisionsoft.com> on 2008/12/04 10:49:13 UTC

org.apache.xml.serializer.dom3.LSSerializerImpl adds redundant xmlns:xml declarations.

I believe this is part of Xalan but is also bundled as 'the' serializer
for use with Xerces.  I logged a bug
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2409) and there's a patch
to fix the problem attached but absolutely nothing has happened.  Its a
one line fix and it looks like a blatant oversight to me.

Perhaps someone who reads this list knows who to prod?  Maybe there's
now a separate 'xml' bugzilla for these shared components that I've
failed to find?

I'd obviously like to avoid having to build and ship out own patched
version of the serializer jar :)

Many thanks,

Chris Simmons.