Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/08/13 01:16:56 UTC

Problems with HEAD

I've checked out the HEAD and have two problems. Anyone else?

1. Test failure in
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.xml.TestSimpleXmlEntity.testId
(TestSimpleXmlEntity.java:35)
Caused by: <openjpa-0.0.0-r420667:564688M nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Invalid
character string format for type BIGINT.

2. Bad pom.xml for persistence-jdbc project. (Netbeans complains
about the pom).

Before I start troubleshooting I thought I'd see if I'm the only one.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Problems with HEAD

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
On Aug 12, 2007, at 11:50 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2007, at 8:02 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>

>> On Aug 12, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>>
>>> I've checked out the HEAD and have two problems. Anyone else?
>>>
>>> 1. Test failure in
>>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.xml.TestSimpleXmlEntity.testId
>>> (TestSimpleXmlEntity.java:35)
>>> Caused by: <openjpa-0.0.0-r420667:564688M nonfatal general error>
>>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Invalid
>>> character string format for type BIGINT.
>>
>> Manually running "mvn test -Dtest=TestSimpleXmlEntity" from the
>> command line works for me. I haven't tried it from Netbeans.
>>
>> Is this against Derby, or some other database?
>
> I don't know. Where is it specified?

It's the default, so if you didn't explicitly change it, you are
using Derby.

>> Is your locale en_US?
>
> Good question. Probably.
>>

>>> 2. Bad pom.xml for persistence-jdbc project. (Netbeans complains
>>> about the pom).
>>
>> Again, it builds for me from the command line. Does Netbeans give
>> any more information?
>
> No, it's hopelessly unhelpful.  All it says is "<Badly formed maven
> project>"

Sounds like some digging is needed :(

Re: Problems with HEAD

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Aug 12, 2007, at 8:02 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> I've checked out the HEAD and have two problems. Anyone else?
>>
>> 1. Test failure in
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.xml.TestSimpleXmlEntity.testId
>> (TestSimpleXmlEntity.java:35)
>> Caused by: <openjpa-0.0.0-r420667:564688M nonfatal general error>
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Invalid
>> character string format for type BIGINT.
>
> Manually running "mvn test -Dtest=TestSimpleXmlEntity" from the
> command line works for me. I haven't tried it from Netbeans.
>
> Is this against Derby, or some other database?

I don't know. Where is it specified?

> Is your locale en_US?

Good question. Probably.

Re: Problems with HEAD

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
On Aug 12, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> I've checked out the HEAD and have two problems. Anyone else?
>
> 1. Test failure in
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.xml.TestSimpleXmlEntity.testId
> (TestSimpleXmlEntity.java:35)
> Caused by: <openjpa-0.0.0-r420667:564688M nonfatal general error>
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Invalid
> character string format for type BIGINT.

Manually running "mvn test -Dtest=TestSimpleXmlEntity" from the
command line works for me. I haven't tried it from Netbeans.

Is this against Derby, or some other database? Is your locale en_US?

Re: Problems with HEAD

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
> 1. Test failure in
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.xml.TestSimpleXmlEntity.testId
> (TestSimpleXmlEntity.java:35)
> Caused by: <openjpa-0.0.0-r420667:564688M nonfatal general error>
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Invalid
> character string format for type BIGINT.

That sounds like a problem that I caused when changing some of the
XML-related stuff about a week ago. But I fixed the problem within a
couple of hours. So maybe you have a slightly stale checkout?

What happens if you run mvn from the command line? What version of
Maven does NetBeans support? Maybe it only supports Maven 1 or
something.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey