Posted to imperius-user@incubator.apache.org by David Wood <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2011/01/13 00:42:35 UTC

January report draft

All,

Here is a draft of the report I plan on submitting.  If you would like to
add anything, please respond ASAP.  Apache did not send out the usual
notifications, so there is not as much time to prepare this.  Thanks.

2011 January Imperius Incubator status report

Imperius has been incubating since November 2007.

Imperius is a rule-based policy evaluation engine based on the CIM-SPL
language from
Distributed Management Task Force (dtmf.org).

Communication continues to be intermittent, but seems to have picked up a
bit around the CIM binding.

Things to resolve prior to graduation:
* Grow the community
* Next steps and future of Imperius at Apache.
* The community is not requesting new features and is being used in at
least a handful of projects.

David Wood
Computing Systems for Wireless Networks
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)

Re: January report draft

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
Thanks for putting this together. IMO, this report needs to state that the Imperius project may not graduate from the Incubator. The community needs to decide what happens to the Imperius project. One possibility is that the project move to the Apache Attic -- http://attic.apache.org/

--kevan

Re: January report draft

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,