Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeff Prickett <pr...@shpimp.com> on 2002/02/24 10:34:51 UTC

Re: Periodicity requirements & design

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Joaquin Salvachua wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I think that the basic functionalitiy can be taken from the work at ietf
> cal-sched group. This is described in:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-inetcal-guide-02.txt

Thanks for the heads up. I think I have seen this draft before maybe not
this version. I am pretty sure I have not done anymore than skimmed it. It
is definitely a goal of Periodicity to be in compliance with all relevant
standards and emerging standards for Groupware.

> There describe calendar stores (just store) and agents (the one that
> renders a modify it).

This is great as we were just about to create software to store iCalendar
objects in a database.

> Perhaps Peridicity can have an store (where to keep the icals) and
> allow interaction by the ietf protocol (itip and imip) and also
> interactive editing, but behaving like any other agent.
>
> [just starting to think about it ]

I am just starting to think about it too. To be honest we have been so
deep in RFC 2445 that we have not had time to look at the bigger picture.
I am going away tomorrow someplace nice and quiet where I will not be able to
be reached by phone, fax, or email for the rest of the week. I will be
dragging some of these documents with me and will be reading them
thoroughly. Then we can have some serious discussions on how what features
to implement and how to implement them.

> Regards
>
> Joaquin

Thanks again for your interest in Periodicity...

Sincerely,
Jeff Prickett