Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Matt Doran <ma...@papercut.biz> on 2005/08/31 15:20:37 UTC

Page navigation in table component

Hi there,

We're using Tapestry 3.0.3 and make a lot of use of the Table component.  I'd
like to have the page navigation links (that allow you to navigate through the
pages) at the both the top and bottom of the table.

I've looked through the component reference, and I didn't see an obvious way to
do this.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Re: Page navigation in table component

Posted by Matt Doran <ma...@papercut.biz>.
Andreas Andreou <andyhot <at> di.uoa.gr> writes:

> Kent Tong wrote:
>
> >Matt Doran <matt.doran <at> papercut.biz> writes:
> >

> >>We're using Tapestry 3.0.3 and make a lot of use of the Table component.
 I'd
> >>like to have the page navigation links (that allow you to navigate
through the
> >>pages) at the both the top and bottom of the table.
> >>

> >Have you tried putting two TablePages in a TableView? Each TablePages will
> >display the navigation links.
> >

> Yep, that's the way!
> Some more details are here:

http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr/blojsom/blog/default/java/?permalink=
Tapestrys_Table.html&smm=y
> and also check out the FilteringTable component (drop-in replacement of
> contrib:Table) at
> http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr/tapfx/app?service=page/FilteringTable

Thanks for this Anreas!  I looked briefly at your FilteredTable and I guess
I'll
use that as a guide.

I've done quite a bit of work with Tapestry, but we always use the table
component like this:

        source="ognl:tableModel"
        columns="!icon, userName, fullName, email"
        initialSortColumn="userName"
        rowsClass="ognl:beans.evenOdd.next"
        pageSize="ognl:recordsPerPage"/>

>From what I can tell your the FilteredTable we'd have to implement our own
table component that wraps the contrib:Table, redefining all the table
properties, etc. Is that correct?

Cheers,

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.