Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by amber-qian <am...@163.com> on 2012/10/24 05:41:43 UTC

ask for help

Hi,
    I'm a student, I want to learn more about the open source cloud about the virtual machine schedule policy, I know Eucalyptus use round robin and greedy policy, OpenStack use randomized  policy, but I searched the internet, can't find cloudstack schedule policy, so can your team help me solve this question?
   Thanks very much!
Br,
Amber

Re: ask for help

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.
CloudStack supports random, user dispersing(distribute users' vms into hosts as much as possible).
There is a design doc about scheduler: go to docs.cloudstack.org, search "planner" on the top right search bar(hard to type the URL on the phone)
.
Comments, new ideas are welcome!
Sent from my iPhone

Re: ask for help

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <Ah...@citrix.com>.
On 10/23/12 8:41 PM, "amber-qian" <am...@163.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>    I'm a student, I want to learn more about the open source cloud about
>the virtual machine schedule policy, I know Eucalyptus use round robin
>and greedy policy, OpenStack use randomized  policy, but I searched the
>internet, can't find cloudstack schedule policy, so can your team help me
>solve this question?
>   Thanks very much!
>Br,
>Amber