Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael <mi...@idtect.com> on 2002/08/29 08:48:31 UTC

RE : RE : Logging to console not working with Tomcat 4.1.9

> -- but of course it's still really easy to use
>
>   tail -f $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out"
>
> to monitor the output.  On recent Windows OSs (but not 98)
> you can accomplish the same thing by installing CYGWIN and
> using it's "tail" command.

The problem is when using an IDE like Eclipse.  I don't have room on the
screen for another log window.

The good news is I just read on the bug report that a new feature has
been added to the nightly build which will allow this behavior to be
turned on or off, thereby allowing output to the console!  I find this
extremely useful for debugging with Eclipse.

Michael