Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/24 23:21:37 UTC

CSV Random data selection

Hi

I have gone through several blogs in this forum on the same issue. Has
anyone figured out how to do it.
Kindly let me know your thoughts how it could be done.
My csv file has 10K+ values. There are two columns from which values needs
to be piced up randomly.

I am sending SOAP/xml rpc sampler as a request where these values needs to
be supplied. It should be done randomly and efficiently.
File looks like

test11,  a.com
test22.  b.com
test33, c.com
.test1000, z.com

.
These values need to be read ramdomly from file
Any suggestions how it could be done.

Thanks in Advance.
Ravindra

Re: CSV Random data selection

Posted by zillakilla <zi...@sogetthis.com>.
You could save the data as many csv files

eg
test1.csv would contain the value a.com
test999.csv would contain the value y.com

Then you could read the csv using the RANDOM function (I do this with the
beanshell preprocessor)

Not very elegant as you would have many csv files, but it works!

Zilla

Re: CSV Random data selection

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The JMeter Wiki  can be updated by anyone

Posted by Duc Chau <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.