Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Justin Wood <ju...@braidquest.com> on 2003/11/15 17:58:07 UTC

Getting the name(s) of primary columns

I would like to get the names of the primary key columns of a table.

I tried to use the map package clases to figure out the name of the primary
key like so

		MyTableMapBuilder mapBuilder = new MyTableMapBuilder();
		mapBuilder.doBuild();
		DatabaseMap map = mapBuilder.getDatabaseMap();
		ColumnMap[] colMap = map.getIdTable().getColumns();

		String keyColumnName=null;
		for (int i=0;i<colMap.length;i++) {
			if (colMap[i].isPrimaryKey()) {
				keyColumnName=colMap[i].getColumnName();
				break;
			}
		}

		System.out.println("key column name: " + keyColumnName);

but this returns 'ID_TABLE_ID' and the name of my primary key column is simply
'ID'.

Is there another way?

Justin

Re: Getting the name(s) of primary columns

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 11:58, Justin Wood wrote:
> I would like to get the names of the primary key columns of a table.
> but this returns 'ID_TABLE_ID' and the name of my primary key column is simply
> 'ID'.
>
> Is there another way?

I believe you've asked for the primary key of the id table.

Dave