Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2011/02/03 08:19:58 UTC

Re: JBIG2 Pdf?

Hi,

Am 03.02.2011 02:49, schrieb Kenneth Berland:
> Andreas,
>
> I can't make pdfbox decompress jbig2 encoding images anymore. Do you have a
> sample pdf and java code that works?
>
> I had it working in September when I submitted the patch,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-81, but, for the life of me, I
> don't know what has changed. I've tried with pdfbox-1.4.0 and my patches to
> 1.2.1. I'm thinking that my sample file is bad?
Did you add the ImageIO-plugin [1] to yout classpath?

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

P.S.: Please use the mailing lists to discuss PDFBox topics.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/jbig2-imageio/

Re: JBIG2 Pdf?

Posted by Kenneth Berland <ke...@hero.com>.
The problem is that no decompressed data is returned in JBIG2Filter.java
by:

BufferedImage bi = ImageIO.read( compressedData );

bi is always null, so there is no error condition, but also no work done.
It seems to me that decompressing JBIG2 is more complicated than passing
the compressedData to imagio.  Thereis a good amount of data at
COSDictionary options, namely:

COSDictionary{(COSName{ColorSpace}:COSName{DeviceGray})
(COSName{Subtype}:COSName{Image}) (COSName{Filter}:COSName{JBIG2Decode})
(COSName{Length}:COSInt{32219}) (COSName{Width}:COSInt{2840})
(COSName{Type}:COSName{XObject}) (COSName{BitsPerComponent}:COSInt{1})
(COSName{Height}:COSInt{3658}) } filterIndex: 0

and I suspect the decoder needs this data to perform properly.  A cursory
look at http://www.verypdf.com/document/pdf-format-reference/pg_0080.htm
also influences my opinion.

-KB

Re: JBIG2 Pdf?