Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Osman, Taha" <ta...@ntu.ac.uk> on 2012/03/12 16:02:53 UTC

riot.infer problem

Hi,

The riot process is executing fine (I'm passing to RIOT a folder that
contains the T-Box as first file, then a number of A-Box files). However,
the 'infer --rdfs=vocab' is failing with the error:

com.hp.hpl.jena.shared.NotFoundException: Not found: vocab
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.util.FileManager.readModelWorker(FileManager.java:388)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.util.FileManager.loadModelWorker(FileManager.java:299)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.util.FileManager.loadModel(FileManager.java:250)
        at riotcmd.infer.processModulesAndArgs(infer.java:108)
        at arq.cmdline.CmdArgModule.process(CmdArgModule.java:38)
        at arq.cmdline.CmdMain.mainMethod(CmdMain.java:84)
        at arq.cmdline.CmdMain.mainRun(CmdMain.java:47)
        at arq.cmdline.CmdMain.mainRun(CmdMain.java:34)
        at riotcmd.infer.main(infer.java:79)

Am I doing anything wrong? I'm using bash on a Mac System, and The ARQROOT
and CLASSPATH are set correctly.
Sorry if this is a basic question, but I could not find detailed
documentation/examples for this specific issue.

Thanks
Taha

On 28/02/2012 13:38, "Andy Seaborne" <an...@apache.org> wrote:

>On 27/02/12 09:46, Osman, Taha wrote:
>> Thanks Andy,
>>
>> Can you point me to the documentation/examples regarding the
>>bulk-loading
>> with RDFS forward-chaining that you advise below.
>> The only relevant doc I could find is:
>>
>>"http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/tdb/commands.html#tdbload
>>er
>> ", which is not very informative.
>>
>> Regards
>> Taha
>
>The RDFS forward-chaining program is in ARQ: arq.infer:
>
>infer --rdfs=vocab FILE ...
>
>It reads from stdin as well so:
>
>riot FILE .... | infer --rdfs=vocab | tdbloader --loc=Db -- -
>
>       Andy

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.

Re: riot.infer problem

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Taha

Osman, Taha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The riot process is executing fine (I'm passing to RIOT a folder that
> contains the T-Box as first file, then a number of A-Box files). However,
> the 'infer --rdfs=vocab' is failing with the error:

Replace vocab with the location of an RDFS Schema (a.k.a. RDF vocabulary) on
your disk, for example --rdfs=/path/to/your/vocabulary/filename.ttl

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Paolo

Re: riot.infer problem

Posted by "Osman, Taha" <ta...@ntu.ac.uk>.
Thanks for this. My schema (T-Box) is split between three files. Is there
any way of using them all without amalgamating them into one file first?

To illustrate: in a folder called 'ont' I have: 001-schema.owl,
002-schema.owl, 003-schema.owl - representing the ontology's T-Box, in a
second folder called 'dataset' I have the data files (A-Box): univ-1.owl,
univ-2.owl, .. Univ-20.owl. How would the pipeline look like? My
understanding so far (assuming my TDB repository is called TDBrepos1):

>bash riot ./dataset/* | infer --rdfs=[001-schema.owl, 002-schema.owl,
>003-schema.owl - how??] | tdbloader --loc=TDBrepos1

Cheers
Taha

Re: riot.infer problem

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.