Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ian Huynh <ia...@hubspan.com> on 2001/10/18 00:32:11 UTC

Help: how to use the schedule service in Turbine

Hi all
I am  new to Turbine and have some questions. Thanks in advance.

-  Anyone using the Scheduler in Turbine as a stand-alone service ?=20

-  I am trying to find some examples how to use this. =20

-  Also, can anyone explain what the differences are between
   org.apache.turbine.modules.Schedule*   and
org.apache.turbine.services.Schedule.*  ?

- We basically need a singleton  Scheduler inside our app server that is
able to accept request from client to submit Job to be scheduled.  The
scheduler
just manage a list of jobs and wake up the jobs as necessary.

- Also, how would I schedule a one-time job instead of recurrence? It
looks like the job entry needs to remove itself from the queue when
being
waken up by the scheduler?=20

Thanks