Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by David Parker <dl...@facstaff.wisc.edu> on 2000/07/05 20:27:34 UTC

problems compile .jsp with a
I'm attempting to use the set and get properties from a bean, following the
tutorial from sun.
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/html/jspbasics.fm2.html

This is my directory structure.
E:\Express\jsp\hellouser.jsp
E:\Express\WEB-INF\jsp\beans\hello\NameHandler.java

I have the following context in the tomcat.conf

ApJservMount /express /root
<Location /express/WEB-INF/>
     AllowOverride None
     deny from all
</Location>

<LocationMatch /express/*.jsp>
     SetHandler jserv-servlet
</LocationMatch>

___________________

There seems to be a problem with the directory structure because the
servlet engine is not able to find include files.

Error: 500
Location: /express/jsp/hellouser.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Bad file argument to include
         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java, Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:116)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:149)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:161)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
         at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

___________________

E:\Express\jsp\hellouser.jsp

<%@ page import="hello.NameHandler" %>

<jsp:useBean id="mybean" scope="page" class="hello.NameHandler" />
<jsp:setProperty name="mybean" property="*" />

<%@ include file="dukebanner.html" %>

<h1>My name is Duke. What's yours?</h1>
<form method="get">
<input type="text" name="username" size="25">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
<input type="reset" value="Reset">
</form>

<%
     if ( request.getParameter("username") != null ) {
%>

<%@ include file="response.jsp" %>

<%
     }
%>

___________
E:\Express\WEB-INF\jsp\beans\hello\NameHandler.java
package hello;

public class NameHandler {

     private String username;

     public NameHandler() {
         username = null;
     }

     public void setUsername( String name ) {
         username = name;
     }

           public String getUsername() {
         return username;
     }
}

Re: problems compile .jsp with a Posted by Arion Yu <ar...@stt.com.hk>.
Hi!

Could you check where is your "response.jsp"?

Arion

--
[This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain
information that is legally privileged. They are intended solely for the