Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com> on 2000/09/25 06:35:06 UTC

Re: Better documentation [was: RE: Javadoc Task - specify multiple "-link" values.]

At 11:00  21/9/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Looking at the current documentation it strikes me as cumbersome in some
>parts, in particular when explaining nested attributes.
>
>It seem that we could do a better job on pointing out details if
>we where to include the DTD or XMLSchema fragment associated with each
>particular construct.
>
>XMLSchema would probably be a better choice, since I think allows expressing
>inheritance and such which we use all the time.
>Actually, it would be nice it the task where to provide the ability to
>generate their our Schema/DTD fragment. With that, it would be possible to
>accurately generate all the definitions for ANT.
>
>What people think.

there is already a task to generate the DTD for tasks - not sure of its
name (ant-structure ???) but I guess you could extend it to do XSchemas as
well

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Better documentation [was: RE: Javadoc Task - specify multiple "-link" values.]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 PD> but I guess you could extend it to do XSchemas as well

I've been planning to add an attribute type="DTD/Schema" or something
like this some time. The three reasons I haven't done it yet are (1) I
have no time to read the XSchema spec, (2) I have no time to code it
up and (3) I have no time 8^)

So if anybody wants to tackle this, just do it.

Stefan