Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/16 08:59:42 UTC

WSS4J without Axis

Hi,

I am new to this API and seem to have a couple of problems with it. It
would be nice if someone coud help me out :-) .

Here is what I am trying:

I have written a SOAP message handler as follows:

public class SecurityHandler extends GenericHandler {

    QName qn[] = null;
    static final WSSecurityEngine wsse = new
WSSecurityEngine().getInstance(WSSConfig.getDefaultWSConfig());

    public void init(HandlerInfo info) {
            qn = info.getHeaders();
    }
    public QName[] getHeaders() {
        return  qn;
    }

      public boolean handleResponse(MessageContext msgContext) {
          try{

          SOAPMessageContext smc = (SOAPMessageContext)msgContext;
          SOAPMessage msg = smc.getMessage();
          SOAPPart sp = msg.getSOAPPart();

          Document envelope = sp.getEnvelope().getOwnerDocument();
          }catch (Exception e){
              e.printStackTrace();
          }
          return true;
      }
}

The wss4j.jar is available to the web archive via WEB-INF/lib. Also, I
have donloaded the BouncyCastle bcprov-jdk14-129.jar to the
<jre_home>/lib/ext directory. Furthermore I changed the java.security as
follows:

security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
security.provider.2=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
security.provider.4=com.sun.rsajca.Provider
security.provider.5=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE
security.provider.6=sun.security.jgss.SunProvider

So far so good. Now after deployment and invokation of the WS I get the
following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xml/security/exceptions/Base64DecodingException which is
thrown during the WSSecurityEngine initialization.

After some searching I found that this class is in xmlsec-1.2.1.jar so I
included this also to my web application...

Now I am getting a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/opensaml/SAMLException. That's where I am giving up - for now :-).

Could someone supply some information about all the dependencies of
WSS4J? I thought I read somewhere that there are no dependencies?

Did I do everything else correctly or did I miss something (coding and
BouncyCastle stuff)?

BTW, I am running the whole web app on Geronimo.
Thanks.

Kind regards,

Stefan Schmidt

Re: WSS4J without Axis

Posted by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I was wondering if I can get some advice on this last 'null alias'
error. I am sure I have some wrong settings somewhere but I am not very
experienced with security. I really would like to see it working :-) .
Upon further log investigation I also saw this error:

08:15:44,320 DEBUG [SOAPPart] Setting current message form to:
FORM_SOAPENVELOPE (currentMessage is now
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope)
08:15:44,320 DEBUG [SOAPPart] Exit: SOAPPart::getAsSOAPEnvelope
08:15:44,450 DEBUG [Init] Registered class
org.apache.xml.security.transforms.implementations.FuncHere for XPath
function 'here()' function in internal table
08:15:44,450 INFO  [Init] Unable to patch xalan function table.
java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: m_functions
    at java.lang.Class.getField(Class.java:919)
    at org.apache.xml.security.Init.registerHereFunction(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.<clinit>(WSSecurityEngine.java:132)

I saw a Jira issue filed on this one. Are you sure that this does not
contribute to my problems?

Stefan.

Re: WSS4J without Axis

Posted by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com>.