Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 01:36:08 UTC

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Hi,

On Oct 11, 2007 11:27 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Ben Litchfield <be...@benlitchfield.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday the sessions don't start until 10:30, if you'll be there
> > we could meet up before then, and I assume an earlier time would make
> > it easier to Jeremias to participate.
>
> OK, cool. Let's target for Wednesday morning and coordinate better
> closer to the event.

Assuming we're still all set for Wednesday, I propose that we target
noon Atlanta time (6pm CET)  since the conference opening and keynote
start already at 9am. There's a 1.5 hour lunch break at noon, so I
guess we'll have enough time for the chat and a lunch after that.

I didn't remember to bring my webcam and microphone, but I hope
there's someone with enough equipment to set up a Skype conference. If
there are other people interested in PDFBox, then you're welcome to
attend.

Ben, if you're around already at 6 pm on Tuesday evening, Covalent
hosts an ASF party to which I'd like to invite you (unless you've
already been invited :-) as a special guest. Otherwise we can try
hooking up on Wednesday morning. To help you find me, there's a
reasonably recent (though I'm no longer blonde) photo of me at
http://cmf2007.dk/speakers/jukka_zitting. If needed, my cell phone
number is +358 50 529 4158.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Posted by Ben Litchfield <be...@benlitchfield.com>.
Quoting Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Oct 11, 2007 11:27 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/8/07, Ben Litchfield <be...@benlitchfield.com> wrote:
>> > On Wednesday the sessions don't start until 10:30, if you'll be there
>> > we could meet up before then, and I assume an earlier time would make
>> > it easier to Jeremias to participate.
>>
>> OK, cool. Let's target for Wednesday morning and coordinate better
>> closer to the event.
>
> Assuming we're still all set for Wednesday, I propose that we target
> noon Atlanta time (6pm CET)  since the conference opening and keynote
> start already at 9am. There's a 1.5 hour lunch break at noon, so I
> guess we'll have enough time for the chat and a lunch after that.
>
> I didn't remember to bring my webcam and microphone, but I hope
> there's someone with enough equipment to set up a Skype conference. If
> there are other people interested in PDFBox, then you're welcome to
> attend.
>
> Ben, if you're around already at 6 pm on Tuesday evening, Covalent
> hosts an ASF party to which I'd like to invite you (unless you've
> already been invited :-) as a special guest. Otherwise we can try
> hooking up on Wednesday morning. To help you find me, there's a
> reasonably recent (though I'm no longer blonde) photo of me at
> http://cmf2007.dk/speakers/jukka_zitting. If needed, my cell phone
> number is +358 50 529 4158.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Wednesday at noon works for me and as long as I don't run into any
travel delays I'd love to attend the Covalent ASF Party.  Is that at
the hotel or offsite?

Ben

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 11/12/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...I didn't remember to bring my webcam and microphone, but I hope
> there's someone with enough equipment to set up a Skype conference...

I'll be there with my macbook webcam and a good headphone mike, might work.

Noon Atlanta time at ApacheCon is fine with me, my picture is at
http://codeconsult.ch/content/company-info.html - I suggest that we
annouce a meeting point here, once we find a suitable one (I'm not at
the conference yet).

-Bertrand