Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rick Brice <Ri...@comcast.net> on 2003/12/12 16:31:05 UTC

Subversion on Windows via Samba

Is it possible to set up a Subversion repository on a Linux box, make
the repository folder available to Windows clients via Samba, and have
the Windows users access the repository as if it is hosted on a local
Windows disk?

It seems like it would work but I've been wrong before.

Thanks,
Rick

RE: Subversion on Windows via Samba

Posted by Mark <ma...@msdhub.com>.
Repositories on network drives are terrible ideas. If I understand
correctly, BDB uses shared memory to manage locks in the database, and if
some process is accessing the DB from another machine, the memory isn't
shared anymore.

Furthermore, the DB files that BDB creates on one platform aren't compatible
with BDB on any other platforms.

If I'm wrong here, someone please correct me.

Mark