Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Ames <gr...@apache.org> on 2002/06/03 16:30:29 UTC

Re: Need a new feature: Listing of CGI-enabled directories.

"Ronald F. Guilmette" wrote:

> In message <Pi...@www.lerdorf.com>,
> Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >mod_info will tell you some of this.  ie. Look for ScriptAlias lines under
> >mod_alias.c and AddHandler cgi-script lines under mod_mime.c.
>
> I was hoping to find a volunteer to actually hack on this for me.
>
> I am _not_ well versed in Apache internals myself.

ummm, I think you misunderstood.  There's no internals knowledge needed to do
this step.  mod_info displays parsed config file information, which could give
you some of what you want.

For example, http://apache.org/servinfo#mod_alias.c says that there no
ScriptAliases in apache.org's config file, and
http://apache.org/servinfo#mod_mime.c has an AddHandler line which says that
files named *.cgi can be cgi's.  In this case, .htaccess and symlinks are
enabled, so that information is only a starting point.

Greg