Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2008/08/07 18:05:29 UTC

Using nabble

One thing I'd like to do is to register our two mailing lists, uima-dev
and uima-user, with nabble.  This way, people would have a choice of
working with these either as mailing lists or as forums.  We can have a
link on our web page to these forums.

Once registered, users on Nabble who wish to post, can do so from the
forum interface.

Any objections?

-Marshall

Re: Using nabble

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Not sure how this works.  Does that mean that folks will
> register with nabble, and no longer need to subscribe to
> the mailing list?  Will everything that comes from nabble
> have the same sender?  What about spam?

Nabble is a nice way to keep up with one or more mailing lists without
having to register
for each. Posts to a list go in with one's Nabble ID. Registered Nabble users
can receive email from other Nabble users without exposing their email address.

Eddie

RE: Using nabble

Posted by Pascal Coupet <pa...@temis.com>.
When you select a message, you get the list of messages with the same
title in the top right pane (k,j) to go up/down).
This is not a threaded view but this is still useful to look at the
whole discussion if it is linear.
Markmail is not really an alternative to nabble. I wanted just to point
out to a nice tool that already bears UIMA mailing lists.

Pascal

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

RE: Re: Using nabble

Posted by Pascal Coupet <pa...@temis.com>.